Support for All of
Your DevicesDesktops, laptops, tablets and
mobile phones are all
included in our support
Need a Website?We design, create and
optionally host websites for
domestic and small business
ConfiguredWe can set up your router and devices
for wireless (WiFi) and/or cable
(Ethernet)working throughout your
home or business premises
Welcome to DKR Computing, for local computing & networking support in Burnham-on-Sea and surrounding areas
DKR Computing is a small business providing IT support for individuals and small business customers.
My portfolio of services covers a wide range of computer related activities including web site creation, virus and other malware removal, software & hardware fault finding, Microsoft Windows upgrades, etc.
Does your computer need a service? I will perform a health check on request that includes virus scan & fix, plus hard drive checks to make sure that your computer is performing optimally. Click here for more details.
Home visits are available for no additional charge.
Discounts for U3A members.
Fault diagnosis and repair on a “No Fix No Fee” basis
All work is fully guaranteed – 12 months for parts and labour
Services I Provide
- Computer health checks.
- Malware (viruses, adware, etc) detection and removal.
- Diagnose and fix memory (RAM) and hard drive faults.
- Network and internet access problems rectified.
- Fix misbehaving applications on Windows/Mac OSX/Linux.
- Microsoft Windows Upgrades.
- Memory (RAM) and hard disk upgrades.
- Printer Support
- Networked Camera Purchase and Installation
- Data recovery (documents, photos, etc).
- Advice on and installation of backup hardware and software.
- Cloud services, e.g. email, online contacts, online calendar services, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive.
Advice & Training
- Advice on which kit to buy.
- Getting the most out of your smartphone or tablet (e.g. setting up email etc).
- Software training (e.g. Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Microsoft Office etc).
- Running and updating your website (for websites created by us only).
- Design and build customised websites.
- Register domains for your websites.
- Hosting of websites.
The information below is based on a leaflet produced by Santander Bank called “How to Protect Yourself Against Scams” and outlines how the most common scams work. Telephone Scams Request to transfer funds This involves a fraudster calling you and posing as your bank or another organisation. The number they’re calling from may be ‘spoofed’
Do you want a regular or one-off computer health check? Sometimes even when everything appears to be running ok, there can be malware (viruses, trojans, adware, etc) installed on your computer that is slowing it down, spying on your online activities or showing you annoying adverts that take over your screen. Your hard drive could
Windows 10 is the latest (and supposedly final) operating system from Microsoft. Users can upgrade their computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10 for free until July 29th 2016. Many people that are comfortable with using a computer will probably be confident with performing this upgrade themselves; however anyone that isn’t confident
Linux is a free operating system that is widely used on computer servers throughout the world. Approximately 36% of all web servers run Linux, and 97% of all supercomputers run Linux. Linux usage on the desktop is much lower (approx 1.3%), but is increasing due to the fact that it is free and secure. Very
Microsoft finally stopped supporting Windows XP on April 8th 2014. This means that although XP can still be used after this date, XP users will no longer receive any security updates, which will leave them more vulnerable to malware. I can advise and assist anyone wishing to upgrade from Windows XP to either a later